Rod Haraga, is the former head of the Hawai'i State Department of Transportation. Gov. Linda Lingle announced in December 2006 that Haraga would not be reappointed.
During the last 18 months of his tenure as transportation director, Haraga's deputies were in charge of highways, airports, harbors and administration reported to Lingle's Chief of Staff Bob Awana. 
- Reyes, B.J. Haraga and Befitel leave Lingle Cabinet -- Huge H-1 snarl among Haraga's darkest hours Honolulu Star-Bulletin, December 21, 2006.
- White, Doug. Haraga returns from vaction to a pink slip, Lingle says it’s what Haraga decided Honolulu Star-Bulletin, December 21, 2007.
- White, Doug. No scolding for willful obfuscation Poinography!, December 23, 2006.
- White, Doug. DOT “director” performed mostly PR functions for his final 18 months? Poinography!, February 9, 2007.
- Borreca, Richard. Haraga lost power long before losing job -- An "inability to get off first base" led to unusual changes Honolulu Star-Bulletin, February 9, 2007.
- White, Doug. Pacific Wings claims that DOT decisions are invalid because Haraga was bypassed Poinography!, February 11, 2007.
This article is a stub. You can help dKosopedia by expanding it.