Main Page | Recent changes | View source | Page history

Printable version | Disclaimers | Privacy policy

Not logged in
Log in | Help

Steve Israel

From dKosopedia

Steve Israel (born May 30, 1958, Brooklyn, NY) a Democratic Representative from New York representing the 2nd Congressional district to the U.S. House of Representatives. The 2nd Congressional District includes the Long Island towns of Huntington, Babylon, Islip, Smithtown and Oyster Bay.

From Rep. Israel's website bio [1]:

He is one of only 2 New York House Members on the House Armed Services Committee, and also serves on the exclusive House Financial Services Committee. Additionally, Israel was appointed as an Assistant Democratic Whip and chairs the House Cancer Caucus, the House Long Island Sound Caucus, and the House Center Aisle Caucus. <p>In addition to his Congressional Committee leadership activities, Israel is recognized as a pro-active leader on issues such as the Middle East (specifically Israel and Iran); Pentagon transformation; energy independence, college affordability, and health care. <p>In 2005, Israel formed the House Center Aisle Caucus - a group of nearly 50 House Democrats and Republicans working to establish a respectful dialogue on contentious issues instead of partisan attacks and insults. As Israel said in creating the Caucus: "Democrats and Republicans may disagree on 75% of the issues. But if we agree and implement the remaining 25%, the country is 100% better off than before." The Caucus is supported by former Democratic House Speaker Tom Foley and Republican Leader Robert Michel. <p>Rep. Israel lives in Dix Hills with his wife, Suffolk County Family Court Judge Marlene Budd. He has two daughters, and a miniature schnauzer named Max. [2] </blockquote>


  • A.A., Nassau Community College, Garden City, N.Y., 1978
  • attended Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y., 1978-1979
  • B.A., George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 1982

Political history

  • staff member for United States Representative Richard Ottinger of New York
  • member, Huntington Town Board, Huntington, N.Y., 1993-2001
  • elected to the 107th U.S. Congress in 2000 and reelected since to succeeding congresses.

External Links

Retrieved from "http://localhost../../../s/t/e/Steve_Israel_4448.html"

This page was last modified 20:09, 11 April 2006 by dKosopedia user Allamakee Democrat. Based on work by dKosopedia user(s) Jbet777 and Kagro X. Content is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.

[Main Page]
Daily Kos
DailyKos FAQ

View source
Discuss this page
Page history
What links here
Related changes

Special pages
Bug reports